Ventures Scholar Forums

Forums intended to discuss science and math education and all topics related.

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-19 13:57:34

enu021000

Howdy guys and gals!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Elizabeth Udeh. I'm Nigerian American and a native Houstonian. I graduated from Saint Pius X High School in Houston, Texas. I attended Boston University my first year, then transferred to the UTD to study  psychology and child learning and development. I also minored in biology with a pre-medicine concentration. I am currently enrolled at UTD as a grad student of Business Administration. I plan on attending medical school in the fall of 2007 to work in the field of radiology.

UTD is institution prominent for its engineering and business program. However, not that many people realizes that UTD has very extensive pre-health program that heavily prepares you. It is a very well-rounded school. It is also an institution that truly believes in equal oppurtunity, so oppurtunities are numerous on the UTD campus -- from starting new organizations to funding a new cricket field.

The reason why I chose to attend UTD was mainly because of its pre-medicine program, but the reason why I chose to stay at UTD was because of the environment and people who compose the campus life. When choosing a school to attend, choose based on priorities and interest. Having these things met allows one to be resourceful by being informed, take initiative, and be self-reliant. If one was to do all these things, one can persevere no matter how the stressful the situation.

Well, if anyone has any question fpr me or about school, please feel free to ask.

Thank you smile

#2 2011-03-23 15:33:41

Ziggy1022

Re: Howdy guys and gals!

hello elizabeth:D

i was wondering how the pre-medicine was in houston. think you can help me with that because i want to be a surgeon but then i want to work with animals. how many years does it take to geta degree in the medical field in general? and whats the campus like? do the teachers get at least a little one-on-one with the students or no? and whats the UTD enviornmental program like?

Board footer