Ventures Scholar Forums

Forums intended to discuss science and math education and all topics related.

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-19 14:26:05

babygyrlmj13

A Touch of A Biology Major's life.

Hello everyone! My name is JeNita Partridge, and I am a sophomore biology major at Spelman College.  Spelman College is located in Atlanta, GA and is one of the many wonderful HBCU's (Historically Black Colleges).  Spelman College has a wonderful biology department that can help prepare you for the MCAT or GRE or whatever interests you.  My wonderful advisors have guided me through my two years of college, and as a result of that help, I am not afraid to go to my professors or peers for help when I need it.   I absolutely love being a biology major and wouldn't change anything for the world. There are so many opportunities for a biology major.  For instance, this past summer I had the chance to participate in a research program through the Center for Behavioral Neuroscience.  I thought that was pretty cool because I was just a freshman and already I had an internship for the summer.  If anyone has any questions about what it's like to be a biology major as a freshman or has any general questions, please feel free to contact me!

#2 2006-10-22 11:20:38

Ckessavica

Re: A Touch of A Biology Major's life.

Hey Spelman Sister,

I graduated in 04 as a biology major.  Are you workin with Dr. Chu?  I worked in her lab when I was at Spelman.  I am now at Tufts Dental School.

Good Luck with your aspiration!

Chelsea Wilson

#3 2007-11-07 15:21:50

ANBlood5e5

Hi Chelsea,

My name is Allisha and currently I'm a senior in a Seattle High School. I'm in the process now of applying for early action at Spelman by Nov 15, 2007. I want to major in Biochemistry and am looking forward to becoming a Dentist. Did Spelman prepare you well for Tufts? I'm so excited about applying to Spelman...I hope I get in. I'd love to hear about your Spelman experience. Please email me. 

Thanks!
Allisha

#4 2008-12-01 18:29:43

Wagnac

Hello JeNita, how are you? At first I was just applying to Spelman College as a safety school, but then I began seeing in a different limelight as I met the amazing women that have attended there. I already applied as a biology major, and I'm excited to hear back from them this month, I'm so excited because Spelman would be a completely different environment from what I'm used to, and I think I would love it. Can you please tell me about the social life there? I've never been to Atlanta, Georgia, but I plan on visiting if I get accepted. Please get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks!

Board footer