The majority of graduate and
professional schools require that you take a standardized
examination to be admitted into their advanced degree
programs. To learn which exam is required, please contact
the school directly.
- Graduate Record Examination
- Medical College Admission Test
- Dental Admission Test
- Pharmacy College Admissions Test
OAT - Optometry Admissions Test
about Health-related Standardized Examinations
Standardized exams are a fact of life. Preparing your
application for any graduate level professional program
will require a standardized exam as well. This site
provides general information about standardized examinations
for students interested in health-related careers.
Test Taking Hints
- Look at the graduate and professional school
requirements to see the types of standardized examinations
that are required for that school. You might need
to take more than one standardized examination.
- Make sure you prepare to take the test. You should
take practice exams and, if necessary, sign up for
a course that provide you with adequate preparation.
- Prior to the examination, take a simulated exam
to see how well you perform within the given time
frame allotted for the examination.
- When considering taking the test, research the
deadline dates for the examination and read all
of the instructions completely. Be aware of registration
and deadline dates as well as cancellation policies.
- The following links may also be helpful:
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
The Princeton Review
Association of American Medical Colleges