Graduate and Professional School Information
As early as
your freshman year, you should begin thinking about
graduate or professional school. Many graduate
or professional programs have specific requirements.
You might consider contacting the member graduate and
professional schools to learn about entrance requirements.
to the member graduate and professional school Web sites
and access the member graduate and professional school
contact information on the left hand side of this section.
Remember, when you contact the member institutions,
mention that you are a Ventures Scholar.
learn about the graduate or professional school application
process, please go to the resource
link in this section.
to ask Graduate or Professional Schools
Make sure you check the website of the school before
calling, many of the answers will be found on the admissions
- Do you have a program in…? (specify exactly
what type of program you are interested in)
- How do I apply? Do I apply to the graduate/professional
school and the individual department? Find out all
the information you need to send the graduate/professional
school: Application, fee, test scores, transcript(s),
letters of recommendation, written essay(s).
- How many students applied for the program last year,
and how many were accepted?
- What is the range of test (GRE, MCAT, DAT) scores
that you consider for acceptance into your program?
- What is the range of GPA’s that you consider
- What is the application deadline?
- What is the application deadline for financial
- Are there any current graduate/professional students
that I could talk with?
- Do you have a description of your individual department?
What type of facilities do you have?
- Do you have a list of faculty that teach in the
department and their areas of interest?
- What is the ratio of faculty to students?
- Does the individual department have a student organization?
- Would experience in the field prior to entering
graduate/professional school enhance my chances of
- How are advisors selected and assigned to graduate/
professional students? Do I need to be matched with
a specific professor to be accepted into the program?
- What opportunities are there for students to interact
with faculty outside of the classroom?
- Does the school have the enrollment option that
meets my needs?
- Does the program provide me with ongoing professional
development and opportunities?
- What type of financial assistance is available from
- How does the school compare nationally with other